Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm getting surgery TOMORROW!!!!



Okay, I know I haven't blogged in a while. Forgive me; things have been a bit CRAZY lately. But to make a month long story short: I switched surgeons to Dr. S and my procedure is TOMORROW!!!! 3pm. I can't believe it. I have had to fight so hard for this that I'm not even nervous (yet). I never thought I could be so excited to have somebody cut into my face. For my "Last Supper" I had pizza and this amazing, organic, Chicken and Fuji Apple Salad and then ... Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia. Yum! Since my procedure is so late in the day tomorrow though I'm allowed to eat until 7am so I'm happy to know I can have coffee (I am completely addicted). James (see picture) is helping me pack and gave me a "Get Well" basket with all sorts of important stuff like a dry erase board, relaxing cds, neck pillow and chapstick. Everyone has been really supportive as everything came together last minute and I haven't had much time to plan for this! I'm taking 3 weeks off work and I'm excited about that. I'll have more time to blog :)

Well all - you have no idea how much your own stories have helped me along this journey already. Thank you SO much :)

"Talk" to you again soon!

5 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Oh WOW!! How excited are you?! No more waiting and that is amazing.

You'll be "on the other side" by now, so instead of good luck, I'll wish you happy healing, instead~
Hope all went well and that recovery is smooth and without suprises. One day at a time...

Take care and will look forward to hearing how it went when you're back up and around :)

Katherine said...

I am really excited for you (and a little jealous, too, since you were able to switch doctors). Yeah!

Katherine (Kate) said...

Just popping by to let you know I was thinking about you. Hope the worst of recovery is soon behind you and that everything's looking up.

Be well :)

Million Dollar $mile said...

Thank you Katherine!! I'm actually feelind depressed. Ugh. I know it should get better, but its been a long year and this is the culmination - its made me very emotional.

Katherine (Kate) said...

Oh hun, I'm sorry to hear that. I can't speak personally, but from what I've seen you are SOOO not alone in those feelings. You've had one roller coaster ride over the last year when everything build to this one moment -surgery- but how do you really psyche yourself up for recovery...

Let yourself have a time to be upset, but be reassured that it will eventually pass even if it feels like forever in getting there. That super-annoying 'one day at a time' mantra. Heck, one hour or minute at a time. Are you able to get a decent sleep?

Will be thinking of you and checking in again soon. You can do this *hug*